Monday, December 10, 2012

Fair Readers

Welcome.  Welcome fair readers.  I'm so relieved the four (give or take) of you have come back.  I might have given up on me by now as it's been just shy of one month since I updated last, but not you.  That's why I love my readers so much.  You are filled with stamina, patience, and empathy for the pressures of a "professional" blogger.  Thank you!  If you ever read any other blogs (as I do on occasion) I feel they are always thanking their readers with effusive praise.  That must be the key to their success.  So there you go.  Success!

I have not been idle these past few weeks.  I have read or thought about reading at least 10 books, I have influenced the resolution of approximately ... hmmm, how many days x 100ish ... 3,111 sibling spats, eaten two turkey dinners, almost completed all of my holiday shopping online, picked out and trimmed one Christmas tree aptly named Green Lantern by Jacob (um, can we say double entendre - for the record I don't think he can yet, though), and, in keeping with what I have deemed Thanksgiving tradition, took two children (it was Owen's FIRST trip! Mike came too) to Manhattan to sightsee at Toys R Us for about 3 hours, and Rockefeller Plaza for about 5 minutes, and at a pizza place on a corner, all WITHOUT a stroller.  I realize there are people with children who live in Manhattan every day, but that's their normal.  I did numerous other things, but you must be tired by now so let's get on with the show!

Thanksgiving in New York  



Cousins 2012!
 
 
A rare moment in NYC when we weren't at Toys R Us

 
Introducing:  GREEN LANTERN
 
 
We made our very first turkey for the annual Haller, etc. Family Thanksgiving Dinner



 
Henry stopped by to make gingerbread houses with us.  When you're walking about this holiday season and see a gingerbread house, however big or small, I recommend you devote a moment of appreciation to the artist who created it because these things are not facile.  On another note, moments ago I asked Mike for an example of another word for "easy" or "simple" and he said, hmmm... "facile?"  So that's basically what that word means if you didn't know (like me).  Don't feel inferior (like me), I think he's just been watching a lot of Word Girl on PBS (which, by the way, if you're not watching Word Girl, you should be, hilarious!).


And finally...
Look at all these people, above.  We are the moms to all these kids, below.
Crazy. 
That's 13 kids, AND one's missing and another one is due within the week.  Fun times at the playgroup holiday party.  Jacob & Owen are lucky ducks to have such fun friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment