Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jacob's 4th Birthday

I feel like we've had as many celebrations as years this child has been alive!  We had a little celebration with cousins at the beach, then another with cousins in MD, then another with playgroup pals... I guess that's only three, but still.  Jacob has definitely had a great time celebrating.  At four years old Jacob is still quite a character.  He speaks endlessly ... in particular about super heroes - who flies higher, is he good or bad, etc.; the idea of scuba diving and scuba divers; swimming; astronauts; the Bible story of David and Goliath; who are good guys, who are bad guys?; how old people are - who's the oldest? How old are you, Mr./Ms. random stranger?; he tells lengthy stories - told us just last night that the story he was telling was going to go all night - it would have if we hadn't cut him off about 10 minutes in; he can write the letters of his name (but not many others yet); he can make his own lunch; he is generally happy, optimistic, up for any adventure, and finally started liking ice cream about three weeks ago.  Also, he's really good at being a big brother - I think Owen would agree. 

 Got to celebrate with all his cousins this year, here are the NY cousins with Nana & Papa
 Raise your hand if your birthday is NOT on August 26... Owen. 
Happy birthday to Beverly and Pepaw too.  Pepaw turned SEVENTY this year!
 Mike & Jacob on his 4th birthday waiting for dessert
 I could write a whole post on this squishy water bubble thing I made for our playgroup end of summer/birthday blast.  I'll spare you that, but I got the idea from a few blogs of ideas of things to do with kids and they made it sound OH SO easy (as many bloggers tend to do I'm figuring out).  I, however, thought it was quite a little challenge to make (two tarps, taped together with duct tape, filled with water) but it was a huge success despite its tendency to leak.

Jacob and his gal, Eliza.

Here's that giant water bubble in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment