Saturday, October 29, 2011

Possibly TMI

WOW! What a wild Saturday night - a second post in one weekend and it's not even Halloween yet. I just had to share this Owen story. All these months he's been watching as we are in the process of potty training Jacob. He's been dragged to countless public restrooms, perhaps witnessed a few "emergencies" behind a tree at the park, and definitely knows where to find me and Jacob when he yells he needs to go pee pee at home. So tonight I was making dinner and Owen comes to me and says "pee pee" with no provocation, he takes my hand and walks me to the bathroom, lifts the lid, and starts putting on the potty seat. I sat him down with all his clothes/diaper on, and I swear he poops right then and there. I couldn't believe it.



Now, I'm no fool... I've seen this tease before (though a few months later with Jacob) and it didn't lead to potty training any earlier, but I still just about died laughing. The rest of the night all he wanted to do was go "pee pee", and anytime Jacob had to go, Owen dropped whatever he was doing, made a beeline for the bathroom and had his "turn". I taped one of these moments as we were just finishing dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment